Posted on 27 Oct 2009 8:32pm by Aleks Bochniak
At the MySource Matrix international user conference, currently underway in Hobart Australia, it was announced that MySource Mini will be going GPL with a public SVN repository. It was also announced that the same will be available for the regular MySource Matrix CMS.
Other main news from the conference is that there is now available a free download of MySource Mini as a VM image with instructions on how to get it up and running. This is hinted to be a revolutionary new generation CMS, which should suit the needs of most matrix users who are daunted at the task of using matrix itself. This product was developed with simplicity and automation in mind.
It was also announced that:
- Mini updates will be available for $250 per year for personal use, Free if you're a beta tester
- Funnelback included with Mysource Matrix SSV
- Cloud hosting will soon be available for mysource mini installations
- Mysource matrix will have the ability to integrate with Sharepoint
You can follow all the announcements yourself here on twitter.
Posted on 23 Jun 2009 6:43pm by Aleks Bochniak
Recently, I was asked to participate in the development of the MySource Matrix Community Server. Nic Hubbard, Duncan Robertson and myself are just starting to work on the content for the site, and should be ready to go in the upcoming months.
If you have any ideas as to what you would like to see on the site (demos, tutorials, guides, downloads, etc), please leave a note here and we'll consider it.
Posted on 15 Jan 2009 9:15pm by Aleks Bochniak
Nic Hubbard recently tagged me on his blog, and since rules are rules here is my reply.
Seven things you may not know about me:
- I am currently living in Paisley (near Glasgow) Scotland with my awesome girlfriend Kasia.
- I have not worked for 8 months, as I have been traveling Europe and catching up with family.
- My last speeding ticket was for 89kph over the limit in 2002.
- I used to pretend to be female on www.deviantart.com to get more hits on my profile. My devart profile.
- I used to make skins for Winamp 1 and 2 back in my University years.
- I prefer to play car or sports video games than first person shooters.
- Every time I catch a flight (very often), I make sure I bring my DS along for relieve my boredom.
The seven lucky people I have picked to do this next are:
- Colin Morris for helping me heaps when we worked together.
- Nick Caldwell for being a very inspirational and creative person.
- Jeremy Caldwell because we used to 'hoon' together.
- Ben Buchanan because ever since 2001 I've been reading his blog.
- Chris Eastwood because his knowledge of things can be quite insightful.
- Ikea Hacker keeps my addiction alive.
- Matthew Bull always posts something interesting about CMSs and portals.
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
Posted on 05 Jan 2009 10:05pm by Aleks Bochniak
Today the E-Commerce model was released under the GPL version of MySource Matrix 3.20.0. Other modules such as Bulkmail, Calendar and Search were also included from the SSV version and distributed under the GPL.
This is an important release for MySource Matrix GPL users, as we now have the ability to create more dynamic websites using this new release. I have been testing 3.20.0 RC1 for about a week now, and I am quite pleased with it. The 3.20.0 stable release is even better with more bug fixes and features added.
Some additionals features of particular interest to me are:
- Hipo Herder: Resume jobs in new window
- Clear Matrix Cache: Multiple Root Nodes
- New re-cache suffix
- Metadata Value Cascading
- Simple Edit Layouts applied by Root Node
- Multi-Page Forms
- Log In as another user (Troubleshooting Tool)
- New Global Keyword for HTTP POST variable replacements
- The name of the user that committed each asset version is now shown on the asset "History" screen
Most of this features have been required for quite some time, and it's good to finally see them released. Details about each of those features can be seen in the changelog.
Over the next couple of weeks I am going to add more content to this website, as well as a demonstration of the e-commerce module. I've been toying with the idea to see how possible it is to use paypal as a payment gateway, so keep an eye out for that too.
Posted on 19 Aug 2008 9:55pm by Aleks Bochniak
In case you were wondering where my travel photos disappeared to, I have decided to buy a Pro account an Flickr and upload my latest photos there. The main reason for this is the fact I haven't developed an image gallery for MySource Matrix yet, and that the iWeb templates I was using are too bulky and cumbersome.
So if you feel like taking a look, wander your way to my photostream. There is also a link to my flickr profile in the right hand column.
Btw, I've also upgraded to 3.18.4, installed a php accelerator and tweaked postgres and my cache settings. Hopefully this site is a little bit snappier now ;-)
Displaying 5 of 14 articles