E-Commerce module released under GPL
Posted on 05 Jan 2009 10:05pm by Aleks Bochniak
Today the E-Commerce model was released under the GPL version of MySource Matrix 3.20.0. Other modules such as Bulkmail, Calendar and Search were also included from the SSV version and distributed under the GPL.
This is an important release for MySource Matrix GPL users, as we now have the ability to create more dynamic websites using this new release. I have been testing 3.20.0 RC1 for about a week now, and I am quite pleased with it. The 3.20.0 stable release is even better with more bug fixes and features added.
Some additionals features of particular interest to me are:
- Hipo Herder: Resume jobs in new window
- Clear Matrix Cache: Multiple Root Nodes
- New re-cache suffix
- Metadata Value Cascading
- Simple Edit Layouts applied by Root Node
- Multi-Page Forms
- Log In as another user (Troubleshooting Tool)
- New Global Keyword for HTTP POST variable replacements
- The name of the user that committed each asset version is now shown on the asset "History" screen
Most of this features have been required for quite some time, and it's good to finally see them released. Details about each of those features can be seen in the changelog.
Over the next couple of weeks I am going to add more content to this website, as well as a demonstration of the e-commerce module. I've been toying with the idea to see how possible it is to use paypal as a payment gateway, so keep an eye out for that too.